Vientiane – Luang Prabang
5 Days 4 Nights
Day 1: Vientiane (L/D)
AM. Arrive Vientiane at Wattay airport, transfer to hotel for check in. Lunch at the hotel.
Afternoon visit the highlights of Vientiane: Vat Sisaket, the oldest temple in Vientiane with its mural paintings, Ho Prakeo, the royal temple turned religious museum. Proceed to That Luang Stupa, the most revered shrine in Laos and to Patouxay (the Arch of Triumph). If time permits stop at Talat Sao the big central market. Dinner at local restaurant with music and traditional dances. Accommodation at hotel.
Day 2: Vientiane – Luang Prabang (B/L/D)
Breakfast at hotel. Transfer to the airport for departure to Luang Prabang. Upon arrival at Luang Prabang, transfer to hotel for check in. Lunch at hotel.
Afternoon start the visit of the old city with Vat Vixoune influenced by Thai – Lu architecture and That Makmo, the watermelon shape stupa. Proceed to Vat Xieng Thong, the most beautiful temples of Luang Prabang dating back from 16th century. The roofs of the sim sweep low to the ground and glass colored panels adorn the walls of the chapels. Climb up Phousy Hill for an outstanding view of the city and the Mekong river. Dinner at local restaurant. Accommodation at Hotel.
Day 3: Luang Prabang – Pak Ou – Luang Prabang (B/L/D)
Breakfast at hotel. Transfer to the local pier of Luang Prabang to embark on traditional boat. Cross the Mekong River and walk through Xiene Men village up to Vat Longkhoune. This temple renovated recently is famous for its mural paintings. Go upstream on the Mekong river and visit the sacred Buddha caves, Tham Ting and Tham Phoum.
Lunch at local restaurant near the caves. Return to Luang Prabang by car, on the way stop to visit Ban Xang Khong handmade paper village and Ban Xieng Lek, a weaving village. Dinner and accommodation at hotel.
Day 4: Luang Prabang – Kuangsi. (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the hotel. Take a walk on the colorful fresh market and the blacksmith village of Ha Tien. Excursion by car to Kuangsi waterfall (30 kms). On the way, visit Hmong village at Ban Na Ouane and Khmou village at Ban Tha pen.Enjoy the beautiful scenery, swimming or relaxing nearby the clear pools of the tiered limestone formations. Picnic lunch nearby waterfall. Back to Luang Prabang in afternoon and time at leisure in the old city. Dinner at local restaurant. Accommodation at the hotel.
Day 5: Luang Prabang Departure (B)
AM. Breakfast at hotel. Visit the national museum (former king’s palace) then visit Vat Mai with its five tiered roof and exquisite carved veranda. Transfer to the airport for check in and departure to next destination. End of our service.
Tour Costs includes
– Accommodation in twin sharing room + ABF
– Meals full board, breakfast, lunch, dinner with good meal
– Transfers and tours by air-conditioned minibus/small coach/coach
– English / French speaking guide
– Entrance fees for sightseeing and visits
– Traditional boat fees as per mentioned in the program.
– Mineral water and cold towel
– Service charges, room tax, and baggage handling
Tour Costs excludes
– Laotian visa fee upon arrival at USD 30 – 35 – net per person.
– All air ticket and airport tax
– Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry…
– Other tours & meals not mentioned in the program
La Residence Phouvao
– Above prices is Nett per person, and quoted in US dollars.
– All above price is subject to change without notice
– Christmas and New Year’s dinner supplement (will be advised at time of booking).
– Itinerary is subject to changes depending on road conditions, and availability of rooms.